Coronavirus screening test kit
One of the world’s first rapid tests for the diagnosis of coronavirus is now available from AlphaBiolabs. The Warrington-based laboratory is distributing the AlphaBiolabs IgM-IgG Combined Antibody Rapid Test, which is utilising similar technology to the type that was used widely by the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention to identify COVID-19 infections. It is a qualitative test that can detect both early and late marker IgG/IgM antibodies in human finger-prick blood samples.
Keep your workforce safe with coronavirus testing
Recent studies suggest that a high percentage of patients show no or few clinical symptoms. This easy-to-administer screening test can identify COVID-19 infections before symptoms appear, in under 15 minutes. The finger-prick test can be performed by the individual if suitably trained at home, or, alternatively, by an AlphaBiolabs sample collector, company nurse or Occupational Health professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A blood sample is collected using a finger-prick device
- The blood is added to the testing device's sample well
- 2–3 drops of buffer fluid are added to the blood sample
- The results appear in around 15 minutes
- C is the control line. If only this line appears, the test result is negative.
- If the M line appears, the IgM antibody has been detected and the patient has tested positive for a recent coronavirus infection.
- If the G line appears, the IgG antibody has been detected and the patient has tested positive for a previous coronavirus infection, up to 6 weeks prior.
- If all 3 lines appear, both types of antibody have been detected and the patient has tested positive.